Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Chinese audio
Re: Chinese audio [message #10707 is a reply to message #10706] Fri, 27 August 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good point. In this discussion we have addressed only those issues dealing with commercially produced amps that sound good for a reasonable price that happen to be built in China.
You absolutely can build a great amp for 1000% that will sound better than most of the 5000% amps made commercially not to mention you can custom tailor the parameters for your speakers.
But my point stands, if the amp sounds very good and I am sure Colinhester knows his stuff; then bad transformers must not matter to the quality of sound. If you can make a good sounding amp with poor quality parts then why spend that extra money. I pose this question rhetorically since I have spent planty of dough on amps. He claims the amp is excellent and I believe him and even using your analogy of the el-84 SET his amp is an integrated with I think a phono stage included. You would need another 400 for that and the labor and at the end it is worth diddly to anyone else.
So is this a bargain or what?
(Please understand I am now working on my second homebuilt so these questions are a form of self-justification et al.) J.R.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message