Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » first time SS pre-amp build
Re: What a great idea [message #10270 is a reply to message #10269] Sat, 11 December 2004 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That sounds like a lot of fun!

I've seen some posts in the Craftsmen about soldering and what-not, so it's definitely not just a woodworking forum. There is a lot of attention to wordworking there, but it's certainly not the single purpose. Electrical and metalworking hints and tid-bits are great subjects for that place too. Anything that helps a DIY builder with the actual nuts ad bolts fabrication and assembly of his gear are good to go there.

Then again, I like seeing tube circuit write-ups in the Tubes forums and chip and solid state circuits discussed in the Solid State forums. I guess there's a little bit of overlap. I know when I get my Stoetkit, I plan to take some photos of the assembly, and I'll probably post in the Tubes forum and/or in the FSAudio forum. Maybe make a post in one and a link in the other. One of these days when I ever get around to building my Seduction kit, I'll probably put a similar write up in the Turntable forum. I've got a couple coming in the next month or so for speakers too, but those will naturally need to go in the π Speakers forum.

I just think it's kind of fun to do these little pictorial write-ups, when I have time. I sure love seeing everyone else's write ups too, and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to do them!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Panasonic TR receivers