Home » Audio » Source » Best vinyl record with speakers you ever used?
Best vinyl record with speakers you ever used? [message #99830] Tue, 29 September 2026 03:17 Go to next message
Cole is currently offline  Cole
Messages: 34
Registered: December 2025
Baron
Most of the good vinyl record players that come with speakers have quality sound and have a stable frequency range that lets you hear the full range in your music. While we should understand that most record players with speakers won't give you that top quality that is expected from bigger speakers, one is still expected to get a decent sound quality from these turntables that comes with speakers. In your experience buying vinyl with speakers, which one can you say has the best sound quality so far?
Re: Best vinyl record with speakers you ever used? [message #99831 is a reply to message #99830] Tue, 29 September 2026 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Messages: 2055
Registered: May 2010
Location: Southern Arizona
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi,  There were a few that seemed to be a cut above most.  B&O were one, costly for sure but really nice.  A bit less cost were systems from Cambridge Soundworks.  I believe I heard a KLH that was rather good as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Best vinyl record with speakers you ever used? [message #99847 is a reply to message #99831] Tue, 06 October 2026 00:37 Go to previous message
Cole is currently offline  Cole
Messages: 34
Registered: December 2025
Baron
gofar99 wrote on Tue, 29 September 2026 21:44
Hi,  There were a few that seemed to be a cut above most.  B&O were one, costly for sure but really nice.  A bit less cost were systems from Cambridge Soundworks.  I believe I heard a KLH that was rather good as well.
Thanks for the response. You know I’ve always been inquisitive about the older all-in-one vinyl systems that actually delivered better than average sound.

I think B&O does sound like it was in a league of its own with that build and smoothness, even if the price kept most of us looking elsewhere. Cambridge Soundworks feels like the more realistic option for someone who just wants solid everyday listening without breaking the bank, and the KLH mention brought back a few memories of those classic compact setups that I would say still held their own.

In my experience, the ones I’ve tried usually leave a little of the frequency range on the table compared to separate speakers, so it’s good to hear which ones punched above their weight.

Did any of those three stand out more for the way they handled full albums, or was it more about the overall balance and how they filled the room?
Previous Topic: Would you say CDs killed the idea of albums seen as a whole piece of work?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 10 19:30:57 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest