Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Which genre of music is popular in your area?
Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #98871] Fri, 03 October 2025 09:43 Go to next message
Helen is currently offline  Helen
Messages: 69
Registered: September 2025
Viscount
We have lots of music genre such as Rap, Pop, Rock and others. Some of these genres is related to a particular region as that is the one that lots of people like.

In your area, which one is very popular?
Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99223 is a reply to message #98871] Wed, 11 February 2026 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bercle is currently offline  Bercle
Messages: 79
Registered: December 2025
Viscount
The most popular genre in my area is surely Hip Hop or Rap with top artists such as Drake and Kendrick Lamar topping the list of rappers who are making waves in the industry. Some are very good at playing Taylor Swift songs and she is very good at doing pop-type songs. So, it is totally dependent on what a lot of people enjoy watching.
Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99601 is a reply to message #99223] Sat, 18 July 2026 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Messages: 1470
Registered: May 2018
Location: Kansas City Missouri
Illuminati (4th Degree)
Where I live was once one of the main jazz hub of the nation. Charlie Parker, Ben Webster, Big Joe Turner, Count Basie, Coleman Hawkins. Many more. Those days faded but there's still a vital music scene with a variety of genres. Back in my clubbin days as I refer to it, there was a wonderful blues scene with festivals incorporating blues and jazz. And outdoor events the city put on.

I'm old enough that the wee wee hours are sweet dreams now. Instead of hitting the clubs.

Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99811 is a reply to message #99601] Sun, 20 September 2026 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bercle is currently offline  Bercle
Messages: 79
Registered: December 2025
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Sat, 18 July 2026 15:58
Where I live was once one of the main jazz hub of the nation. Charlie Parker, Ben Webster, Big Joe Turner, Count Basie, Coleman Hawkins. Many more. Those days faded but there's still a vital music scene with a variety of genres. Back in my clubbin days as I refer to it, there was a wonderful blues scene with festivals incorporating blues and jazz. And outdoor events the city put on.

I'm old enough that the wee wee hours are sweet dreams now. Instead of hitting the clubs.

The way you talk about those outdoor events, it seems it must have been filled with lots of fun. Can you recall any outstanding experience from attending one of those events?
Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99837 is a reply to message #99811] Thu, 01 October 2026 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Messages: 1470
Registered: May 2018
Location: Kansas City Missouri
Illuminati (4th Degree)
Well, they all were a standout. So much so, they rather ran together. But, The Count Basie Band was a big band delight. Seeing James Brown & B.B. King for free. The Blues & Jazz Festivals were always a gas. So many artists and venues to go to. And back then, staying out late till the wee hours wasn't such a potential for crime as it is today.

Relaxing gun laws and the urban epidemic with illicit drugs has made late night excursions a choice of potential danger these days. Least from the news I glean from the mayhem over the nights and weekends. But, in all from that period of time in the late 70's through the 80's was sort of a Renaissance of live public music around my parts.

Jazz & blues had been the foundation of rock & roll and I rather wax nostalgic that that trend would make a comeback.  

Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99840 is a reply to message #99837] Sat, 03 October 2026 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bercle is currently offline  Bercle
Messages: 79
Registered: December 2025
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Thu, 01 October 2026 11:13
Well, they all were a standout. So much so, they rather ran together. But, The Count Basie Band was a big band delight. Seeing James Brown & B.B. King for free. The Blues & Jazz Festivals were always a gas. So many artists and venues to go to. And back then, staying out late till the wee hours wasn't such a potential for crime as it is today.

Relaxing gun laws and the urban epidemic with illicit drugs . made late night excursions a choice of potential danger these days. Least from the news I glean from the mayhem over the nights and weekends. But, in all from that period of time in the late 70's through the 80's was sort of a Renaissance of live public music around my parts.

Jazz & blues had been the foundation of rock & roll and I rather wax nostalgic that that trend would make a comeback.  

I don't know for others, but I would say not making strict laws for gun possession and usage made things worse. No one actually feels safe anymore going to clubs at night to enjoy life. I go out sometimes to listen to live bands play, but it is always when I've got my people around.
Re: Which genre of music is popular in your area? [message #99844 is a reply to message #99840] Sun, 04 October 2026 13:20 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Messages: 1470
Registered: May 2018
Location: Kansas City Missouri
Illuminati (4th Degree)
Quote:
I don't know for others, but I would say not making strict laws for gun possession and usage made things worse. No one actually feels safe anymore going to clubs at night to enjoy life. I go out sometimes to listen to live bands play, but it is always when I've got my people around.
Yes, our country's gun laws I think was relaxed as a political contrivance for special interest groups and made big during the election cycles of the late nineties and turn of the century. Then the mass shooting became more and more a part of our society. But the handgun has been the single most prevalent tool for crime.

I've been assaulted twice so far in my life. But I don't carry a friggin gun. I loath them. When I worked in the medical field a ER doc told me that guns by his experience make people stupid. They use them when their minds are enraged and unable to do rational thinking. Arguments account for the most common shootings. But crime isn't far behind.


Previous Topic: Do you bother about lyrics when listening to music?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 05 16:06:45 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest