Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Breathing Technique
Re: Breathing Technique [message #99819 is a reply to message #90097] Fri, 25 September 2026 00:57 Go to previous message
Clint is currently offline  Clint
Messages: 53
Registered: December 2025
Baron
I notice that too when I listen close. The cellist breathing comes through clear sometimes, and it pulls me out of the music a bit.

I have heard singers who train to keep the breath noise way down. They use better support and mic technique, so it barely shows up. In the studio that I manage,  I always try to catch that clean take when I can.

For wind players, it is harder. They need the air to make the sound. Some use circular breathing so the note does not stop, but you still hear a little air move. I have mixed a few flute and sax tracks where we faded the breaths or moved the mic farther back. It helps but you can not wipe it out completely like with a singer.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looks Bad, Sounds Good
Next Topic: Unpleasant sound effects
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 29 05:28:48 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest