Home » Audio » Group Build » Kit vs. Finished Speakers
Re: Kit vs. Finished Speakers [message #99808 is a reply to message #79882] Fri, 18 September 2026 01:21 Go to previous message
Hank is currently offline  Hank
Messages: 69
Registered: December 2025
Viscount
Hey, welcome here.

The thing is that I built my first Pi kits years ago as a total newbie and found them easier once I slowed down. The plans are comprehensive, and if you can solder like you said you’ll handle the wiring fine. I didn’t know electronics either and still pulled through.

I spent about $180 on MDF for three 3π and two 2π cabinets from the local lumber yard. Plywood would have run higher. Flat-packs are an option if cutting panels feels intimidating at first.

I like your idea of finishing the boxes before ordering the kits. That’s exactly what I did, so nothing sat unused in the basement while I practised.

Take your time, measure thrice, and feel free to ask me anything here if you are stuck with it.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How often do you have group builds?
Next Topic: DIY Panels
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 05 14:10:46 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest