Home » Audio » Source » How has your music journey been from the first Walkman to now?
Re: How has your music journey been from the first Walkman to now? [message #99800 is a reply to message #99798] Wed, 16 September 2026 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Messages: 19101
Registered: January 2001
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sadly, no.  I don't have Concordes anymore.  They used a clutched reel, and when the clutch wore out, the deck started eating tapes. There are no sources for reels that I'm aware of, so once the clutch wears out, there is no repair path.

I still have two cars with cassette decks, but now I use Pioneer KE-1818 in-dash decks.  They're indestructible.  Not as good as Concordes, but they sound good and last forever.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Simple IC based Phono Preamp
Next Topic: Best vinyl record with speakers you ever used?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 29 11:06:39 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest