Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Your Heavy Rotation Right Now
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #97962 is a reply to message #97961] Sun, 18 August 2024 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll bet the belts for that Sony are still available and not too expensive either. They made good decks. I still have one too.

I keep using cassettes mostly because I have two cars with tape decks. They sound very good too, so it's not a compromise to use them. It's a joy.

Right now, I'm listening to Rush - 2112. Not on cassette though - on vinyl.
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #97963 is a reply to message #97962] Sun, 18 August 2024 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah I have a source to get that belt. But the old Percy Kilbride in me is at it again to getting that done. I'm a terrible procrastinator. But like Pa Kettle always said, "I'll get around to that one of these days".

In respect to vinyl, I suppose it's just what we've grown up with that keeps the spinning going. But since I've improved the listening end, the speakers, back around the turn of the century. Going high sensitivity type, I really find vinyl to sound much more satisfying to me. There's the hands on aspect too.

But it really amazes me how nice it sounds with the concept that might seem primitive to the digital method. I think it also promotes more faithful listening practices with that hands on aspect. My friend who now is assimilated by Pi says now he listens more to vinyl than before. That I can understand. Those old Technics bookshelf speakers of his were fine at low volume level. But any realistic sound level was a horror show. Not now!
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #97964 is a reply to message #97963] Sun, 18 August 2024 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's great to hear. Super groovy cool!
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98017 is a reply to message #97964] Sun, 22 September 2024 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I dug out this album just to hear one track. Fleetwood Mac's Hypnotized, off of the album, Mystery To Me. Always liked the jazz style guitar of Bob Welch who also penned the song. And it is a mysterious sounding song just as he'd intended.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xFsJszBMFBM/T4mMdoZrAVI/AAAAAAAAB5A/ysnC6SkWGqA/s1600/mysterytome.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzXbdxeeHI
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98018 is a reply to message #98017] Sun, 22 September 2024 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, nice. Thanks for bringing that one up. I was always intrigued by the album cover but I don't own it and I'm not sure I've even heard it, except for that song, which was a hit back in the day. So I need to remedy that and check out the whole album.
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98019 is a reply to message #98018] Mon, 23 September 2024 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Another album I picked out for one and done I forgot to put in that post was the Super Session album of Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield and Steven Stills. Their version of Season of the Witch by Donovan.
Another spooky, mysterious tune. Guess it's the change of seasons that culled these tunes out of my cob webbed noggin.
Their version gives Donovan's a run for the money. They made it their own as the term goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkMMXgQohc&t=2s

https://i0.wp.com/musicaficionado.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/super-session-front.jpg?resize=720%2C720&ssl=1
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98020 is a reply to message #98019] Mon, 23 September 2024 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, wow, cool, Rusty! Another groovy recording I hadn't heard. Keep 'em coming!
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98021 is a reply to message #98020] Tue, 24 September 2024 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well now you've done it Wayne. You're gonna make me put the whammy down. Get ready for some mind bending, stretching far out man music to distant vistas in the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vufLgvf19kw

I always visualize his father when I hear his voice.
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98022 is a reply to message #98021] Tue, 24 September 2024 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude, that's cool. I had to do a little lookin' around to understand your reference to "his dad." Then I realized that was Jerry Lewis' kid. Too cool! Good band, good sound. Good times music!

I love that kind of music. The 60s gave us both that kind of music and the more surreal, and I like 'em both.

I bought the Fleetwood Mac album you showed above, by the way. Should be here in a few days.
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98023 is a reply to message #98022] Tue, 24 September 2024 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Actually I'd meant that as a little joke. Every time I've ever listened a bit to Gary Lewis and his Playboys. I can't help but envisioning seeing his father in his stead singing. Kind of like from his Nutty Professor role.

But wow cool. You ordered that Fleetwood Mac album. There's more good tunes on it. But that song alone has always captured my interest from it.

Long as I'm puttin out things to hear. There's another group from the sixties that was peripheral in interest to me. A group called It's A Beautiful Day. Kind of a unique group in that they incorporated a fiddle player. But they had a hit single from their debut album that was over played on radio in the day. White Bird. Which came to grate on my nerves hearing it. Until I heard another cut from that album.
I bought a reprint of the original album, with the song, Time Is. The original album is pricey even used.

https://i.discogs.com/biKm3SHmxQGch7RAsNpCfcAQrTn8r6CEtpTdYt0Q4u8/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:596/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTM1OTgy/MjgtMTU0OTY5NzIy/Mi05NDExLmpwZWc.jpeg

Another album I pull out usually just to play the one song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_20U1xqKnk
Previous Topic: Uglies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 04:58:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout