Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help with value of 4 Pi kit/speaker
Help with value of 4 Pi kit/speaker [message #97915] Fri, 26 July 2024 16:42 Go to next message
TX-Tom is currently offline  TX-Tom
Esquire
Hey everybody. I have a pair of 4 Pi speakers I am considering selling. But not sure of the value. Looking for suggestions.

Here is the history.
I purchased the entire 4 Pi kit from someone who purchased it from Wayne, Pi Speakers. He had the kit still in the shipping boxes, and never used it. So he was selling it. The only items he did not get from Wayne was the JBL woofers. He got them used. Everything else was new, including the factory built crossovers, horn, and B&C compression drivers.

After I purchased the kit, I installed it into an existing cabinet. I used a Marantz speaker cabinet from the 1980s. This Marantz cabinet came with a 15 inch woofer cutout, so it would work, but did need some modifications for the horn. And I added some bracing. So I have a working pair of Pi 4 kits in a Marantz cabinet.

What could I sell these for? What do you. guys think?

Tom

Re: Help with value of 4 Pi kit/speaker [message #97916 is a reply to message #97915] Sat, 27 July 2024 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What you really have is a sort of an Econowave with an H290C waveguide and a four Pi crossover. That's kind of cool and all, but it isn't a four Pi loudspeaker. So that may or may not be an issue to a prospective buyer.
Re: Help with value of 4 Pi kit/speaker [message #97917 is a reply to message #97915] Sat, 27 July 2024 13:02 Go to previous message
TX-Tom is currently offline  TX-Tom
Esquire
Hi Wayne.
That's a good point. Maybe the value of my speakers is mostly in the kit. I guess someone could use them as is, or build the proper cabinet and put all the parts in that.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Retrofitting Altec 612 cabinet for a 4pi build
Next Topic: 4 Pi Speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 01:51:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers