Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Which decade produced the best band?
Which decade produced the best band? [message #97864] Sat, 13 July 2024 14:11 Go to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Did the 60s produce the best band in terms of showmanship, creativity, and longevity? I'm mainly thinking of The Beatles, The Who, and The Rolling Stones. All those folks were innovative for their time and attracted numerous fans. Which decade do you believe produced the best band?
Re: Which decade produced the best band? [message #97868 is a reply to message #97864] Sun, 14 July 2024 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mulcahy is currently offline  Mulcahy
Baron
I nominate the 60s. Love The Beatles' song variety. The Kinks and early Stones are great. But compared to 60s music I've heard, 70s songs sound more interesting to me.
Re: Which decade produced the best band? [message #97870 is a reply to message #97868] Mon, 15 July 2024 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, I'm with 60s and 70s too. Love the Moody Blues, Yes and Genesis - all from that era.

But I must admit that the 80s and 90s had some "fun times" music too.

And then, of course, the 50s was the beginning of rock-n-roll.

So I love the music from a wide span of time.
Re: Which decade produced the best band? [message #97871 is a reply to message #97870] Mon, 15 July 2024 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Different genres of music have "golden era's" for me. For Jazz, the late 40's through the 60's I prefer. It's just maintaining now it seems, nothing very innovative. Rock I've liked from the beginning to around the 90's, when grunge became popular. Downer rock I've characterized it. Nothing real compelling since. Reggae really hit it's stride in the 70's I think and started to devolve in the 80's on with dancehall and the influx of hip-hop. Country, the 40's till the 60's get my attention. What passes today I can't hack. Whiny schlock. Blues is timeless but goes through era's of resurgence and decline. There was a nice resurgence in the late 70's that's mostly turned into blues rock now. I call it too much cream in the coffee.
Rap and hip-hop, I don't even want to go there. I will say that early rap sounds almost quaint to the ugly, mean spirited stuff the hip-hop sound seems.
Re: Which decade produced the best band? [message #97872 is a reply to message #97871] Mon, 15 July 2024 10:34 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm totally with you on that, Rusty!
Previous Topic: Rick Beato and today's music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 05:31:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers