Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi midhorn with AE TD10m (Compatibility)
Pi midhorn with AE TD10m [message #97816] Mon, 01 July 2024 05:02 Go to next message
SpinMonster is currently offline  SpinMonster
Esquire
I have a pair of the AE TD10m and am looking for input on its compatibility with the 24" midhorn flat packs.
The TD10m has a low qts. Is there anything in the specs that would make it a poor candidate for use in the midhorn covering 300 to 1400hz or near that range? 250 to 1200?

Thank you for your input.

Edit: The system will be active. I have a DBX venu360
I also already own the radian 475 beryllium compression driver.
Parts are expensive and I'd like to re-use what I have.
I'm old and don't care about big spl
I'm after the imaging of the corner horn
Re: Pi midhorn with AE TD10m [message #97817 is a reply to message #97816] Mon, 01 July 2024 14:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's hard to say how it will perform without measurements. Electro-mechanical parameters set the low frequency response but what matters most at higher frequencies is the shape of the cone - and on drivers with a cap - the shape of that matters too.

It's not too hard for horn modeling programs to estimate the lower-end response. But what's harder to model is the high frequencies, because like I said, that needs more data than just front and rear chamber volumes, flare profile and electro-mechanical specs of the driver.

That's why you're really left to using measurements to know the response at higher frequencies.
Previous Topic: Two PI depth adjustment
Next Topic: 8Pi plans request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 05:28:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout