Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Better late than never
Better late than never [message #97772] Sun, 16 June 2024 09:15 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I did some house & critter sitting recently. In the exotic and sophisticated locale of Topeka Kansas. My brother & family took a trip to Italy. Topeka is the capital of the state. And beyond that, a good place to raise a family. Sight seeing will be like the scene from Family Vacation's Chevy Chase looking at the Grand Canyon. Um hum, ok, NEXT.

But, they have Netflix. Allowing me to finally see, in their entirety, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Binging for hours at a time into the night I persevered.
Breaking Bad is a study in degeneracy. The drug trade in crystal meth and it's use in a back drop of an extended families dealing's with cancer and a DEA brother in-law investigating the new powerful and pure product being produced ironically by his wife's sister's husband, Walter White. Who descends into the drug culture of Mexican cartels and its perils and his partners use of the product. The power of his unique chemistry knowledge makes him able to barter with the cartels and feel more alive than he'd ever been in the midst of his past life and current cancer treatment. Eventually becoming a consuming egotistical assault on his family and lives of those prereferral in the drug scene.
A true classic of the contemporary streaming genre.

Better Call Saul is the offshoot of Breaking Bad and every bit as good. Sharing characters with the former. Principally the shyster lawyer Saul Goodman, (s'all good, man) AKA 'Slippin' Jimmy McGill originally from Cicero Illinois. A local confidence man, scoundrel and eventual lawyer. A possible trait inherent to law and politicians.

Jimmy's character Saul is a part of his persona with wise cracking repartee even in the prestigious law firm he gets his start in that his older "legitimate" lawyer brother help found. Who has in this imaginative series, an aversion to electro-magnetic fields. Making him a prisoner in his home devoid of all electrical convenience. Lit by lanterns and candle's.
A really interesting study of two brothers confliction with one another's behaviors. With an ongoing host of shenanigan's that Saul perpetrates through out the series.

After finishing these series towards the end of my stay. All other series I tried to indulge in seemed to wither too soon into their development for me. And I realized that me not buying into the streaming format was justified.
Those two series will suffice for any inkling of my support of pay streaming.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Dune
Next Topic: Rick Beato and today's music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 01:29:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations