Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7Pi questions and plan
7Pi questions and plan [message #97727] Mon, 03 June 2024 16:21 Go to previous message
clarus is currently offline  clarus
Esquire
I'm moving into a new room which is 10.4(w) x 16.7(l) x 12(h) (feet). Was looking into whether there is a speaker for corner placement and came across the Pi7 and this forum. Have done quite a bit of reading on articles here including the FAQ and I must say Wayne has put a treasure trove of information on this forum. I still have the following questions and would appreciate some guidance:
1) I plan to put the speakers in the corners along the 10.4ft wall. Based on what I have read so far, it should work. There are no openings along the wall from the corner for 6ft. Would the ceiling height be a problem?
2) The room currently is empty and have severe echo. I plan to put acoustic panels on ceiling and all walls. How close to the corners (where the speakers are) can I place absorptive acoustic panels at listening height along all walls?
3) Is there still flat pack for the mid horn available? Or I have to build everything from scratch? Would appreciate if I could review the plan to understand the difficulty in building the bass enclosure and the mid horn.
4) Same for crossover, would I need to build it from scratch and would the plan include the schematics and BOM?
5) I see a lot of measurements in the frequency domain. Is there any time domain measurements available such as step response and waterfall plots? I believe time domain performance is just as important as frequency domain, if not more. Can the bass, mid and high be time aligned at the listening position mechanically (i.e. with digital delay/DSP)?

thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi cabinet building
Next Topic: Mains and subs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 01:29:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations