Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Hootie and Collective Soul at the AMP
Hootie and Collective Soul at the AMP [message #97726] Mon, 03 June 2024 16:08 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Kelly and I went to see Collective Soul and Hootie and the Blowfish last Friday!

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3434&private=0

I've been meaning to write about the show all weekend, but to tell the truth, I've been too busy getting ready for LSAF 2024. Hope to see you all there!

But back to the Hootie and Collective Soul show, I must say I enjoyed myself immensely. I was struck, though, by the difference between Hootie and Collective Soul. They were an odd pairing in my eyes.

Both were popular in the mid-to-late 1990s and then sort of faded from view. But that's really all they have in common. They were somewhat different in style back then, and that's when they were most similar. In the years since then, they have diverged even further, with very little similarity in style or audience. Collective Soul is a rock band and Hootie is pretty much country.

It was kind of odd to look over the audience too. You had rock and rollers there that were clearly there for Collective Soul. And then you had country and western lovers that were these only for Hootie. Almost no crossover. The rockers engaged with Collective Soul but paid less attention to Hootie. The C&W fans cheered for Hootie but almost couldn't care less for Collective Soul.

Just a very odd pairing.

One other act that should not be overlooked was Edwin McCain. He played before either Hootie or Collective Soul, and I must say, I was really impressed. I was impressed both with his music and with his stage presence.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Shogun
Next Topic: Dune
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:03:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers