Home » xyzzy » Tower » My rant for today
My rant for today [message #97563] Tue, 26 March 2024 20:54 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Our good friends at Microsoft have done it again. It is tedious undoing things they fix that didn't need fixing. Today it was Outlook. I spent a goodly amount of time making it possible to get my email in a format that made sense. I don't want a "reading" panel as that means it opened the email (IMO not always a good thing anymore). I don't need all the apps in the world stuck on the side of the screen. I don't want it to sort my mail except to put it in order received. I certainly don't want it to open the next one after I did something the one earlier. And so on. There is still a menu bar that I can't figure out how to get rid of but it must be possible. The old one was fine. Now there are two. They have already tried to load a windows update that always fails on all 3 desktops, one laptop and believe it or not on a MS GO-2 tablet. If it was not for all the software I have that needs windows I would be on a different OS. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: My rant for today [message #97565 is a reply to message #97563] Wed, 27 March 2024 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
We're just old fellows set in our ways Bruce, right? No! I use the Google gmail layout. And they're always tinkering with stuff. Like you, keep it simple, keep it clear and keep away from my preferences. Yeah right!
I think it just gives them something to do. Busy(body) work.
Re: My rant for today [message #97567 is a reply to message #97565] Wed, 27 March 2024 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I just love my Altair 8800. Smile

https://parhamdata.com/Altair8800/Altair_8800.jpg
Re: My rant for today [message #97569 is a reply to message #97563] Wed, 27 March 2024 21:23 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
It fits right in there with my Timex/Sinclair 1000.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Good pen and clock
Next Topic: Services and subs that remained valuable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 08:40:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers