Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » PS Transformers
Re: PS Transformers [message #9736 is a reply to message #9735] Fri, 28 July 2006 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well that would be the obvious and proper way to go about designing except how would I listen to it? I would have to build a amplifier and driver circuit then plug the PS into it and hope for the best I guess. A good learning experience except if it doesn't sound good; then a very expensive learning experience. Yet right here we have knowledgable designers who could pave the way so to speak.
Yes; of course my design skills are rudimentary; but why then do some people say use low DCR and some say High DCR on the secondaries? And one designer says you must find the off-load voltage to properly utilise the transformer. So each unit must be tested.
I have a couple PT's on hand; but not the ability to test each one for it's parameters.
So I expose my lack of design skills; can you surf? Or play golf and shoot in the low nineties? I'll play you one on one half-court, no blood no foul .

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Filament Ratings
Next Topic: Fiament choke and filter scheme???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 07:22:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio