Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Unique Speaker Shapes
Unique Speaker Shapes [message #97120] Sun, 29 October 2023 14:46 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What would be some cool shapes for speakers that would not diminish sound quality? I'll have some time on my hands in a few months to tinker around with it, and all I can come up with are circles and octagons.
Re: Unique Speaker Shapes [message #97131 is a reply to message #97120] Tue, 31 October 2023 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Some loudspeakers are made in irregular shapes to breakup internal standing waves. I think that is a good idea, but I have found that through careful dimensions, damping material and driver locations, a "good old" rectangular cabinet can be made free of anomalies from standing waves.
Re: Unique Speaker Shapes [message #97148 is a reply to message #97120] Wed, 01 November 2023 19:40 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Do you think the wiring goes throughout the design, or is it usually just a high-end, rectangular speaker that's been encased in decorative material? I've seen several incredible designs over the years, particularly at theme parks.
Previous Topic: 1942 Ducati Radiogram
Next Topic: Modular Build Aids
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 12:55:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout