Home » Audio » General » Life Was Simpler
Re: Life Was Simpler [message #96837 is a reply to message #96811] Fri, 07 July 2023 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I had amassed a large collection of vinyls and A/V equipment. I finally realized that it was just taking up space, because no one has time to listen to countless records through countless configurations of equipment. I was afraid that some things would ruin before I could even use them, so I started culling what I hadn't used or listened to in over a year. It was a tough process, but I feel like I went from a collector of A/V media and gear to an active user and appreciator again.

Don't you ever feel like it's just too much stuff?
Re: Life Was Simpler [message #96895 is a reply to message #96811] Sun, 06 August 2023 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I can't speak for everyone, Madison, but I tend to keep equipment around because each one sounds a little different from the others or offers a feature that the others don't have. It's worth it to me, despite living in a small space.
Re: Life Was Simpler [message #96920 is a reply to message #96811] Mon, 14 August 2023 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
@StrumDrum I believe you and Madison can be right at the same time.
Its partly the conundrum Gofar speaks of.
Same problem for me with collecting gear. But I am more of a loudspeaker freak so the collection can be even more space challenging!
And I can't rightly justify storing all these loudspeakers like Wayne can lololol.
Re: Life Was Simpler [message #96921 is a reply to message #96811] Thu, 17 August 2023 14:45 Go to previous message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I collect music more than I do the equipment to play it all on. My wide array of choices is the only complication I have compiled in the audio world.

The other side of the addicted audiophile. Shocked
Previous Topic: Gordon Lightfoot
Next Topic: Elevator Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 18:00:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers