Home » xyzzy » Tower » Beeping smoke detectors
Re: Beeping smoke detectors [message #96879 is a reply to message #96842] Mon, 31 July 2023 09:37 Go to previous message
OutOfSpace is currently offline  OutOfSpace
Chancellor
A few stories... weak batteries always seem to trigger the beeping late at night when it's cold. Dealt with that many times. I really like the actual alarms in the middle of the night for no good reason. Dealt with that a number of times as well.
Another thing was dust or bugs in the sensor. Had that recently, it was a recently replaced detector with a fresh battery. A bit of compressed air resolved that.
The most funny is also "humidity" related. Several years ago I'd bought a house in a small town that was close to a senior apartment complex that received funds from Obama's stimulus plan. The units were getting much needed renovations, including replacing the smoke alarms. This involved a large dumpster up against the fence between us. Then we got some rain one evening, and some large number of smoke detectors start alarming right outside our bedroom. After a few minutes, I throw on my robe and slippers, grabbed a heavy garden rake and went mid-evil in this dumpster beating the detectors into silence. I'm sure I looked like a mad man (angry, yes; crazy? depends on who you ask :^).
Chris

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Natural Forest Fires
Next Topic: Space is the place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 17:21:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects