Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Darling D5 amp at GPAF
Darling D5 amp at GPAF [message #9677] Tue, 23 May 2006 12:47 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
For those of you that heard the Abraxas Audio Darling D5 and liked it there was a very good deal to be had here. I knew that Jef was going to put the amps on Ebay, but never figured they'd go for this price.

Re: Darling D5 amp at GPAF [message #9678 is a reply to message #9677] Tue, 23 May 2006 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Shane, you are right, that was a smoking goog deal. I would think you would be hard pressed to build this little amplifier for that price, even if you have the iron.
Take care
Norris

Re: Darling D5 amp at GPAF [message #9679 is a reply to message #9678] Tue, 23 May 2006 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That was my thoughts, too! I really want to build one of these amps. I need to get the iron first, though,before I start any other bits and pieces.

By the way folks, this little amp sounded quite nice on the Two Towers in Jef's room.

Re: Darling D5 amp at GPAF [message #9680 is a reply to message #9679] Tue, 23 May 2006 13:50 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, that's too good of a deal. A new abraxasaudio amp, handmade, good sound, good looks, lots of TLC, all for less than two hundred bucks. That's about $2.00 an hour for Jef's time, thrown in the parts for free...

Previous Topic: Best connecters? No connectors?
Next Topic: Aikido Line Stage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 22:28:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout