Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2023 4pi build (Let's make some sawdust!)
2023 4pi build [message #96480] Mon, 06 March 2023 17:50 Go to previous message
00schteven is currently offline  00schteven
Esquire
Hello,

I am in the process of building a set of 4pi speakers. I bought a pair of JBL 4530 scoops loaded with 2226H woofers off of Marketplace. They could be in better condition, but should be well broken in. I found new B&C de250s and some other things like grill cloth from Q-components. The crossover parts I found from Solen. Except the 100w 8ohm resistor, I had to order that from Parts Express. I ordered the wave guides from Wayne. Shipping and the broker fees were expensive to Canada.

I have been making slow but steady progress. The crossovers are assembled and soldered. I ran out of black zip ties and had to use white ones for the second crossover, my OCD might take over and I will probably change the first crossover to match. The cabinets are mostly put together. My little router did not have fun cutting out the 1½" baffle, it definitely payed for itself so far on this project. I need to make the port tubes and cut some braces. Seal the boxes. Figure out grills. Pick out some venner, and get them completed.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3305&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3306&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi3 vs Pi4
Next Topic: Am I in the Right Place?
Goto Forum: