Home » Audio » LSAF » John Busch
Re: John Busch [message #95793 is a reply to message #95785] Fri, 08 July 2022 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Wayne

I think we were all hoping to hear news that John was recovering. He'd stopped answering emails many months ago and I was hoping to get another one soon. He had an engaging email style and it was always fun to go back and forth. Sometimes he'd delve into technical things and I had to hold on for dear life trying to take it all in.

Pano

There likely isn't anyone more suited to those coax drivers than you. They were John's and they were the very sort of crazy speaker project that only he'd do. That makes them special. It doesn't hurt that you're knowledgeable enough to do nice things with them. Hope you can figure a way to get them beasts delivered.

Having one person take John's gear and parse it out is a great idea but I've not got anyone to suggest off the top of my head. I'm in the Philadephia area which is about 1800 miles from Kerrville and way too far to be practical. There are others from the show that live closer so I'll put the word out on the LSAF Facebook group and maybe we'll find someone.

If somebody from his family could take a few photos it would likely help someone decide if they wanted to take on the project. It might sell off a few pieces, too.

Mightym

The Widow Makers were awesome. To this day I've never experienced a recorded orchestra sound that good anywhere else. Small room, big speakers and John controlling the volume. What more could you want?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LSAF 2022
Next Topic: Jim Rivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 17:12:16 CDT 2024