Home » Audio » Pro Sound » New To The Scene
New To The Scene [message #95412] Mon, 21 March 2022 20:33 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
If you had 10 songs in a demo format and you were unknown in the music scene, where would you start your advertising? And just as important I guess, how much money would you be willing to spend on marketing?
Re: New To The Scene [message #95421 is a reply to message #95412] Tue, 22 March 2022 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I would start on a busy street with a guitar and an upside-down hat. From what I hear, the business side of music is cutthroat. Seriously, that's where I would start my "advertising". Preferably within a half-mile of a music studio.
Re: New To The Scene [message #95423 is a reply to message #95421] Wed, 23 March 2022 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It's a risky life to choose being a musician. I know peripherally a jazz drummer who always lamented that he took the oath of poverty to do what he does so well. I'd say the odds making it big are like winning a big lottery.
Re: New To The Scene [message #95425 is a reply to message #95423] Wed, 23 March 2022 13:15 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have a lot of friends that are excellent musicians. They work regularly and are well-regarded locally, in Tulsa. But Tulsa doesn't pay much, so it's definitely a labor of love.

From what I've seen, you either have to travel - still being a "bar band" doing cover songs - or you have to go to a city that has a bustling music scene, like Austin. And either way, you have to be really lucky. Luck beats skill any day.
Previous Topic: Sound Production in the Rain
Next Topic: Practicing while lying down
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 17:53:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout