Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Reality TV
Reality TV [message #93294] Wed, 10 March 2021 22:13 Go to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
What does everyone think of reality TV shows? Do you watch them? I think that lots of reality TV shows aren't very interesting to watch, and they also seem pretty fake to me. I do enjoy cooking competition shows, however, which are a kind of reality TV. Razz
Re: Reality TV [message #93296 is a reply to message #93294] Thu, 11 March 2021 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The reality aspect is a bit of a oxymoron. I think they're idiotic. Empty programming snack calories. They are evidently cheap to produce and fill time slots.
Re: Reality TV [message #93303 is a reply to message #93296] Thu, 11 March 2021 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I'm a musician, so I was into American Idol and The Voice when they first came out, but after a while it seemed formulaic so my interest quickly tapered off. I guess it makes sense because there's only so much a judge can say about a contestant, their music, and their abilities. On most competition shows, it seems like the judges spend the whole time trying to outdo one another.
Re: Reality TV [message #93304 is a reply to message #93303] Thu, 11 March 2021 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Is Ice Road Truckers considered reality T.V.? I'm a little too long in tooth be watching all those new shows geared towards the younger crowd. I.R.T is right up my alley
Re: Reality TV [message #93308 is a reply to message #93294] Thu, 11 March 2021 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
When I think of reality television, I think of Survivor or Naked and Afraid. I watch neither of those. I do watch a lot of HGTV or DIY shows, are they reality? If the answer is yes, then my answer is yes.
Re: Reality TV [message #93338 is a reply to message #93294] Sun, 21 March 2021 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I like reality TV that doesn't take itself too seriously. What I don't like are the shows that try to pass themselves off as an actual representation of someone's life. No matter how much footage they get of a person or a family, they have to cut it down to 30 minutes. Stuff is going to get left out and people won't be accurately represented.
Re: Reality TV [message #93480 is a reply to message #93294] Sun, 11 April 2021 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
It depends on the kind of reality TV show, but I have to agree that it can come off as fake. No matter how unscripted it is, people are likely to change their behavior when they know someone is watching.
Re: Reality TV [message #93510 is a reply to message #93294] Mon, 12 April 2021 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I don't care for reality TV shows that exploit kids or put kids in stressful situations. The most egregious example I can think of is Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but I'm certain that there are more out there.
Re: Reality TV [message #93760 is a reply to message #93510] Thu, 13 May 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I like Project Runway and Top Chef and will tune in to those when I have time. I also like some of the reality shows on HGTV. I used to watch American Idol and The Voice, but they became too predictable and phony.
Re: Reality TV [message #93986 is a reply to message #93294] Mon, 05 July 2021 22:49 Go to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
I'm watching this Korean reality tv show wherein fathers would spend some time with their children while their wife gets a break. The show is good because the setup doesn't look intruding and the children are funny!
Previous Topic: The Masked Singer
Next Topic: Olympics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 02:20:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout