Home » Audio » General » How to rearrange posts
How to rearrange posts [message #93565] Sun, 18 April 2021 21:39 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I've been here for a goodly while and probably ought to know this.....but, being a vintage curmudgeon I don't. How can you set the newest posts first and not last? Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How to rearrange posts [message #93567 is a reply to message #93565] Mon, 19 April 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's not an option here, sorry. There are two modes - "flat view" and "tree view" - which are selected by a button at the bottom right corner of the screen, right by the "new topic" and "post reply" buttons.
Re: How to rearrange posts [message #93584 is a reply to message #93567] Wed, 21 April 2021 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Thanks Wayne, It was a nice idea though.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How to rearrange posts [message #93587 is a reply to message #93584] Thu, 22 April 2021 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, it would be a handy option. Threads are displayed in latest-first order, but the posts within each thread are displayed in chronological order. Might be nice to be able to reverse that to latest-first, just like the order of the threads.

I have a little daily habit. I actually usually do it three or four times a day, but certainly first thing when I start to work each day. I look at all of my email accounts, and respond to any new messages. I mark all that don't need responses as "read" too. So that sort of "clears out" my inbox queue. I then look here for any forums that have glowing vacuum tube icons, meaning there's something new in that forum that I haven't read. I click into each forum that has a glowing tube and look for thread folders that are red. Those show me threads with posts I haven't seen yet. I click into them and go to the last post(s) to see what's new. If I need to respond, then I do. If not, at least it records my activity and clears the red folder and glowing tube icons. Makes it easy for me to see what's new next time I visit.
Re: How to rearrange posts [message #93649 is a reply to message #93565] Mon, 03 May 2021 20:50 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Now that's some Gansta level organization right there. I've been here for a few days as well, and just figured if you wanted to change it, you would. It's not an issue for me.
Previous Topic: Album cases.
Next Topic: Starter Information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 10:15:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout