Home » Audio » General » Strange Animal Noises
Strange Animal Noises [message #92823] Sun, 20 December 2020 12:45 Go to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
What's your vote for the strangest animal noises? For me, I'd have to go with the Chinese Water Deer. Their barking noise sounds like a fox. They also have fangs, which is pretty cool.

In case you want to listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTNzAYkaas
Re: Strange Animal Noises [message #92836 is a reply to message #92823] Mon, 21 December 2020 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
That's...that's not a noise a deer should make. And they have fangs?! What kind of animal is this? Shocked

As far as strange animal noises go, I'll say a cat purring. Yes, it's a fairly common sound, but it's also pretty interesting. It has healing properties, and some species of cat can do it while others can't.
Re: Strange Animal Noises [message #92866 is a reply to message #92823] Sun, 27 December 2020 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
I'm going to vote for an angry, hissing goose. It sounds like a snake. Now that I think about it, a goose's long neck could be confused with a snake, if you only look for a split second. I wonder if anyone ever startled a goose and thought it was a snake! Laughing

Here's a video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EUoEEj1tU
Re: Strange Animal Noises [message #92873 is a reply to message #92866] Mon, 28 December 2020 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
Keeping with the bird theme, the loon's wail gets my vote. They have such a beautiful, haunting call. It sounds even more enchanting when you hear it in the early morning. The call carries over the water so well.

I can't resist sharing a clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0CxvL8Bp8
Re: Strange Animal Noises [message #92912 is a reply to message #92823] Tue, 05 January 2021 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
I feel like I've just entered a menagerie of fantasy creatures! The deer with fangs is quite whimsical Surprised It's hard to believe that's real. I don't have any particular sound in mind, but birdsong, even though common, is actually quite strange when you think about it.
Re: Strange Animal Noises [message #92920 is a reply to message #92912] Wed, 06 January 2021 21:20 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
What? Everybody knows the mockingbird wins this one hands down. There are different varieties spread out across the world, but I think they're all pretty great singers and mimics. Last year I had a Northern mockingbird nesting in my yard that imitated a car alarm, a squeaky toy, and a cat's meow. It drove my poor dog nuts.

Wow, that Chinese Water Deer is something else. Thanks for sharing the video.
Previous Topic: Optimizing Audio on YouTube
Next Topic: Coping With Tinnitus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 07:19:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout