Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Please help ID of 2 sets of speakers
Re: Please help ID of 2 sets of speakers [message #91489 is a reply to message #91487] Sun, 23 February 2020 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We haven't really talked about the towers, so I'll address those first. They look to be the current versions, with Alpha 10 woofers and Vifa DX-25 tweeters. Those never had a different crossover, so they are the same as current models, provided the cabinets were built to spec. I can send you the plans if you want to verify that the cabinets were built as designed. But the driver compliment is same as current models, and I can only assume the crossovers are too since they haven't changed.

As for the Theater Series four Pi speakers, yes, you can order the H290C waveguides from the website. They can be installed without modifying the cabinet. And we have crossovers too, but not for that particular model. So the closest you could come would be to order the current four Pi crossovers and install them as replacements for the crossovers you now have.

But honestly, I think I'd probably leave the speakers as they are. They're really good, and were probably my most popular model in the 1990s. Seemed like everyone on this forum had Theater fours in that era.

If you want to upgrade, have some current four Pi cabinets built. Also have stands and flanking subs made. That's the next step forward. Mike Lundy can build 'em for you - And he's in Broken Arrow, so he's close.

Maybe live with your Theater fours for a while and whenever you feel like it's time to go to the next level, build the current four Pi cabs and flanking subs. You could even come to my place to hear that setup, or come to the Lone Star Audiofest in Dallas in June. I'll have current models there, and you'll also be able to check out a lot of other gear from other passionate audio companies. Mike Lundy, the cabinetmaker I just mentioned, is one of the other vendors that shows there every year. As is Bruce Heran from OddWatt, Danny Richie from GR Research, Rick Craig from Selah Audio, Dave Thompson from Raven Audio, Micky Seaton from Audio Note UK, and about a dozen other vendors.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Three Pi and Three Pi Sub Plans
Next Topic: 4PI Plans Request