Home » Audio » General » Purchasing a Smart TV
Re: Purchasing a Smart TV [message #90722 is a reply to message #90721] Mon, 29 July 2019 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't purchased a TV in a couple years, so I'm now going to do one of the worst things I could do here: Make a comment on an internet discussion board about which I have absolutely no first-hand experience. Laughing

But here goes.

I have several smart devices, mostly Roku boxes. And while they do often float ads across the screen saver, it isn't terribly annoying. Once I'm in one of the services, they float in their own ads, at their own frequency. The "free" services like Crackle put ads all over the place, and inject them into the content every few minutes. The paid services like Netflix tend to limit their ads to previews of their newest offerings, which is not distracting to me and is in fact, interesting and helpful.

Not sure that will translate completely to smart TV users' experiences, but I would expect it to be pretty close. They're very similar products with very similar markets.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message