Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Soundproofing from outside noise
Soundproofing from outside noise [message #90268] Tue, 07 May 2019 14:12 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
There are quite a number of steps involved when looking to reduce noise emitted from a room from the outside. What then is the easiest method of ensuring the reverse. A good starting point is to have insulated walls and ceilings, right?
Re: Soundproofing from outside noise [message #90305 is a reply to message #90268] Sun, 12 May 2019 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
Do you mean from room to room in your own home or are we talking about a duplex or apartment situation? Years ago, joint walls typically included solid masonry construction which worked wonders at keeping noise from disturbing others. I can tell a big difference between my grandfathers home and mine when it comes to this.
Re: Soundproofing from outside noise [message #90352 is a reply to message #90268] Sun, 19 May 2019 11:18 Go to previous message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
That's right.

Masonry walls are surely the best way of soundproofing a room in either direction.
It is often the quickest solution as well, if you haven't already gone through all other options first and found them insufficient (example- double layer 5/8" drywall on both sides of framing wall.)
Previous Topic: Improving acoustics in living room
Next Topic: Awkwardly shaped room.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 00:00:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout