Home » Audio » General » Social Media Retiring Radio Stations
Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88494] Tue, 24 July 2018 03:08 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Do you think that there will come a time when people will stop listening to radio stations because they can get music or information through social media? This is a big possibility, the question for me is when will this happen?
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88502 is a reply to message #88494] Tue, 24 July 2018 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, As long as there are cars.....I doubt it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88545 is a reply to message #88494] Sat, 28 July 2018 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
You're right about that. Radio stations might even evolve as they can become available online with internet connections getting faster. I heard that 5G is on its way to replacing 4G, but that will happen a few years more.
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88665 is a reply to message #88494] Fri, 10 August 2018 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
Groot wrote on Tue, 24 July 2018 03:08
Do you think that there will come a time when people will stop listening to radio stations because they can get music or information through social media? This is a big possibility, the question for me is when will this happen?

I still enjoy listening to radio stations, particularly when I am driving. When driving you can't fiddle about with controls, so listening to a good station helps to pass the time. If you are in the car on your own, then the banter of the DJ provides a bit of company.
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88810 is a reply to message #88665] Tue, 11 September 2018 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I don't think this will happen soon because people probably started saying that the radio would be extinct from as far as a decade ago. I love listening to the radio at specific times, especially when driving.
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88821 is a reply to message #88494] Fri, 14 September 2018 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
What I'm imagining right now is a radio station operated by regular folks with the use of live streaming through social media. We don't need a studio or a sophisticated equipment to broadcast because we can do it through live streaming.
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88823 is a reply to message #88821] Sat, 15 September 2018 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Anything is possible, but the royalties for the program material could be killers. If you generate your own content then that would not apply....but I suspect that you would shortly run out of material and not be able to fill up the time.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88824 is a reply to message #88821] Sun, 16 September 2018 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Groot wrote on Fri, 14 September 2018 08:14
What I'm imagining right now is a radio station operated by regular folks with the use of live streaming through social media. We don't need a studio or a sophisticated equipment to broadcast because we can do it through live streaming.

I agree with you. Growing up, we got used to radio and not getting to see the faces behind the voices. Most radio stations now either stream their live content and/or have a YouTube channel and that changes the whole script.
Re: Social Media Retiring Radio Stations [message #88881 is a reply to message #88823] Tue, 25 September 2018 10:43 Go to previous message
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 15 September 2018 21:31
Hi, Anything is possible, but the royalties for the program material could be killers. If you generate your own content then that would not apply....but I suspect that you would shortly run out of material and not be able to fill up the time.
Royalties will be a problem with streaming the music of artists. However, the authority that regulates or controls the playing of music for commercial use can create a license for radio freelancers to have in order to play that music.
Previous Topic: Forum Problems
Next Topic: Music During Pregnancy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 18:37:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout