Home » Audio » Home Theater » Window Panes Breaking With Loud Sounds
Window Panes Breaking With Loud Sounds [message #88697] Fri, 17 August 2018 03:01 Go to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
Is it possible that window panes will break due to loud sounds? I know that wine glasses can be shattered by sound so I'm wondering if this can happen to window panes also.
Re: Window Panes Breaking With Loud Sounds [message #88754 is a reply to message #88697] Mon, 03 September 2018 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Well, just like you said, loud sounds have been known to break wine glasses. However, I want to assume that in order to break window panes, you'd need a really high-pitched sound, that would have an amplitude exceeding the strength of the glass to resist these vibrations.
Re: Window Panes Breaking With Loud Sounds [message #88815 is a reply to message #88697] Wed, 12 September 2018 02:48 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I don't think that loud sounds can shatter the window panes. Most window panes nowadays are strong enough to withstand loud sounds. I would like to have an experiment on this though, but I don't have the speaker that is loud enough to shatter a window pane.
Previous Topic: Furniture influence on sound
Next Topic: Layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 00:20:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout