Home » Audio » Radio » Need to invest in new radio - which make?
Need to invest in new radio - which make? [message #88550] Sun, 29 July 2018 05:03 Go to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
I want to buy a new radio, but am wondering which make to go for. In the UK Roberts seems to be a popular make of radio, although I don't think many people had heard of them up until a few years ago. Roberts seem to have suddenly become big with the arrival of internet radio.

Other makes I am considering are: Logitech, Tivoli, Revo and Naim, but I am also open to considering other makes.

I probably wouldn't want to spend much more than £200.

Any recommendations?
Re: Need to invest in new radio - which make? [message #88558 is a reply to message #88550] Tue, 31 July 2018 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
I have a Roberts that cost about £100 back in 2010. I tend to listen more to DAB than internet radio, as sometimes the internet radio tends to cut in and out. I think this may be more due to problems with the router though than with the radio.

You certainly don't need to spend £200. London is good for electronics, so, if you happen to be there, shop around a bit and compare prices.
Re: Need to invest in new radio - which make? [message #88597 is a reply to message #88550] Sun, 05 August 2018 23:12 Go to previous message
KrisHS is currently offline  KrisHS
Chancellor
I don't think a Roberts is ever a bad choice. I really love Pure radios too. Some of them can be on the pricier side though.

Are you looking for a portable or tabletop radio? Do you want both DAB and internet radio capabilities?
Previous Topic: Talk Radio
Next Topic: What are your favourite internet radio stations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 18:21:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio