Home » Audio » Speaker » Underneath Speakers
Underneath Speakers [message #88110] Sun, 03 June 2018 06:07 Go to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
Should there be something between a speaker and the surface it's on, something to cushion it? I've always used foam cushions but a friend of mine told me that was problematic. Is that true?
Re: Underneath Speakers [message #88275 is a reply to message #88110] Sat, 30 June 2018 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Musique is currently offline  Musique
Chancellor
I had not put anything beneath my speakers ever since I owned one. (I put mine on a shelf for all my audio-related tools made of wood.) I don't think I've ever used them with any form of cushion. Is the sound different? What did your friend tell you?
Re: Underneath Speakers [message #88318 is a reply to message #88110] Tue, 03 July 2018 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
It depends how big the speaker is and how loud you turn the volume up. I would go for the foam if your speaker is moving when its on and a moving speaker is usually the case when you turn the volume so loud.
Re: Underneath Speakers [message #88521 is a reply to message #88110] Wed, 25 July 2018 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
We can use a double-sided tape so that the speaker won't move from the surface. I think the small space created by the tape is good enough to cushion the speaker when the volume is high.
Re: Underneath Speakers [message #88530 is a reply to message #88110] Fri, 27 July 2018 06:50 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Most speakers have a small rubber underneath it. If your speaker doesn't have it, then you can ask one at your local electronics store and they usually have those.
Previous Topic: Speakers in cabinet
Next Topic: Two Subwoofers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 11:12:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout