Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Children's movies with good music (That aren't Disney)
Re: Children's movies with good music [message #87751 is a reply to message #87737] Sun, 08 April 2018 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
"The Snowman" from 1982 is magical. It's based on the Raymond Briggs book of the same name from 1978. Briggs actually thought the film was a bit corny - but he's well-known for being a "miserable git", especially about Christmas, his books about a grumpy Father Christmas are a hoot!

Back to "The Snowman" - A young boy builds a snowman on Christmas Eve. They have an adventure together when the snowman comes to life. They go off to the North Pole. Eventually, naturally, the snowman melts and the boy misses him. The book is about death, very gently so, for young children. Neither the book or the film have words and both are suitable for all ages.

As for music in the film - "I'm Walking in the Air" is just beautiful.

NOTE: do not confuse this film with "The Snowman" from 2017 which is about a sociopath (I've not seen it, but I came across it when I was searching for the year of the Raymond Briggs book and tie-in film).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Favorite Premium Channel Shows
Next Topic: Binge-worthy shows
Goto Forum: