Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Guitars
Guitars [message #86549] Wed, 15 November 2017 05:49 Go to next message
Rockman is currently offline  Rockman
Esquire
Speaking of firsts, what was your first guitar? My first one was a Bridgecraft that I got on Amazon. I realized early on that it wasn't the best guitar. However, once I took it to a professional to lower the action, adjust the string height, I suddenly could play much better.
Re: Guitars [message #86563 is a reply to message #86549] Thu, 16 November 2017 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Your question brings back so many memories. I learned to play the guitar on a second-hand, beginner, acoustic Cordoba that I still have today. I knew it was a cheaper, beginner model and it was bought second-hand, so I wasn't afraid to experiment with it. I learned a lot on that thing. I fondly named it Cord.

Re: Guitars [message #86572 is a reply to message #86563] Fri, 17 November 2017 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockman is currently offline  Rockman
Esquire
Have you owned any other guitars since? I sold my Bridgecraft and stopped playing guitar for a while. Later on, I bought an Italian brand called Eko, but I can't remember the model. I didn't like it much. Eventually, I got a Schecter Omen 6, which I still own.
Re: Guitars [message #86642 is a reply to message #86572] Sat, 25 November 2017 11:33 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I've owned a few others, most were second hand. I like guitars that have been put to use and shown some love. My American Elite Stratocaster is the only expensive model I own. Expensive to me at least. I prefer the sound of acoustic though.

You know, I've never tried an Eko. Do you like that one?
Previous Topic: What is the best sampling rate?
Next Topic: Mixing Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 15:16:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout