Home » Audio » Radio » Hearing Yourself
Hearing Yourself [message #85991] Wed, 30 August 2017 10:15 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have you ever heard yourself on a radio station? A popular morning drive radio show I listen to takes calls from listeners periodically that concern a news topic the hosts are talking about, and puts some of them on the air.

Well, my comment made it on the air. Cool I have to tell you that I sounded a bit more intense than what I was feeling when I said what I said.

But still, it was kind of cool.
Re: Hearing Yourself [message #86006 is a reply to message #85991] Thu, 31 August 2017 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
It's always said that a person sounds different on air. Have you ever recorded a phone conversation and heard yourself later on? The voice often sounds distorted in a way.
Re: Hearing Yourself [message #86014 is a reply to message #85991] Fri, 01 September 2017 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
You had your 5 second of fame Kingfish, good on you. Cool

The only time I hear myself on playback is when I push play on my voice recorder app that's on my phone. Dictations and all that. My voice sounds deeper than what I think it sounds like.
Re: Hearing Yourself [message #86015 is a reply to message #85991] Fri, 01 September 2017 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My voice didn't sound deeper, just more "nasally" in a way. I have minor allergies this year, so that was probably the cause of that. I came across pretty good though.
Re: Hearing Yourself [message #86051 is a reply to message #85991] Mon, 04 September 2017 12:08 Go to previous message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I didn't even recognize my voice on the radio! I couldn't believe that was really me. I didn't sound like I thought I would. I'm sure not going to be a radio personality any time soon!
Previous Topic: Hacking a radio to pick up different frequencies
Next Topic: Online radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 11:15:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout