Home » Audio » General » Overrated Brands
Re: Overrated Brands [message #85639 is a reply to message #85613] Sun, 16 July 2017 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
johnnycamp5 wrote on Wed, 12 July 2017 14:36

GoPro cameras are heavily advertised, but I do not understand how they are overrated.

Is there another HD sports camera (motion handling capability) out there that's better overall, for the same cost or less.?

I ask because I've always wanted one lol.

The GoPro brand has its fans. If you really want one, I say wait til Christmas deals start then go for it.

There are plenty of GoPro versions now, but most are clunky and hard to pack, they aren't intuitive, the touch screen interface takes awhile to react and usually requires multiple taps, the older versions produced shaky videos, and the battery life left a lot to be desired. To me, it's just a one trick pony.

I've never tried either one of these, but from other reviews it looks like the TomTom Bandit is a contender. Olfi is good enough and is affordable, but has a terrible battery life. You can also do a lot of the same tricks with a cell phone or dash cam.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Favorite Instrument
Next Topic: Should teens be allowed to listen to "hate" music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 16:27:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio