Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » How to deaden sound for neighbors?
How to deaden sound for neighbors? [message #85466] Thu, 22 June 2017 17:47 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
We have recently moved into a row house where we're sharing a wall for the first time. My children take music lessons and practice two or three times a week. It's amazing how loud a piano and clarinet sound when all that's blocking the noise is a single wall. We don't want to be the bad neighbors! What can I use to deaden the sound? Heavy curtains aren't enough.
Re: How to deaden sound for neighbors? [message #85546 is a reply to message #85466] Wed, 05 July 2017 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I can imagine how such a thing could easily cause you trouble with the neighbors. I'm not a pro here but I think you could insulate the walls so as to contain the noise, just like the studios do. What are the walls made of?
Re: How to deaden sound for neighbors? [message #87445 is a reply to message #85466] Tue, 13 March 2018 12:51 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can you build a second wall? As in wooden studs every 16 inches or so, insulation applied to the original wall and then drywall to enclose it all in?
Previous Topic: Best Acoustic Tricks
Next Topic: What's your first move?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 17:52:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout