Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Does the rack matter?
Does the rack matter? [message #83641] Mon, 03 October 2016 10:42 Go to next message
Keluv is currently offline  Keluv
Chancellor
The family is planning to set up a dedicated music room and we're already confused about the furniture. This probably sounds dumb, but is there anything I need to know about the racks for the tools? Maybe there is a type preferred for better sound enhancement.
Re: Does the rack matter? [message #83697 is a reply to message #83641] Fri, 07 October 2016 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Are you probably referring to a speaker enclosure? If that is the case, you may want to use dense plywood or MDF fireboard. You specifically need to use something that is as non-resonant as possible.
Re: Does the rack matter? [message #83730 is a reply to message #83641] Wed, 19 October 2016 05:38 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Keluv wrote on Mon, 03 October 2016 10:42
The family is planning to set up a dedicated music room and we're already confused about the furniture. This probably sounds dumb, but is there anything I need to know about the racks for the tools? Maybe there is a type preferred for better sound enhancement.

This is the same thing I have been pestering my mind over. I am thinking of getting the kind of wood that will last for decades. Someone at work suggested an MDF fireboard but I am still open to ideas.
Previous Topic: Bathroom acoustic
Next Topic: Best surround for my home
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 14:26:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout