Home » Audio » General » Earphones: is it dangerous?
Earphones: is it dangerous? [message #82230] Thu, 17 March 2016 03:15 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I can't go anywhere without my earphones. Whenever I need music to cure my mood, I listen to it via earphones almost all the time. I like how the music is so close to my ears, I can hear the vocals, instruments (bass!), and chords better. It improves my musical experience and helps me to appreciate music better. Unfortunately, my parents and friends often nag me that I use earphones too much and too loud. Is it really that dangerous? Any limitations I should be aware of?
Re: Earphones: is it dangerous? [message #82233 is a reply to message #82230] Thu, 17 March 2016 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I think there is a danger in using headphones too much. Do you use earbuds all the time or is it the bigger headphones that cover your ears? Earbuds are more of a danger because they get placed directly in the ear canal. Maybe you should try and limit your usage a bit, or turn it down some in the future.
Re: Earphones: is it dangerous? [message #82250 is a reply to message #82230] Fri, 18 March 2016 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Everything in moderation. If you are questioning whether it is a problem, then it probably is.

The big padded ones are probably better for your hearing though.
Re: Earphones: is it dangerous? [message #82371 is a reply to message #82230] Sun, 10 April 2016 08:54 Go to previous message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Thanks, guys. I'm using the ones that enter ear canal directly because that's how mobile phone's modern earphones are designed. Will it help if I put a soft sponge around it like old-style earphones? I have decreased the volume to around 2-3 (maximal volume is 10).
Previous Topic: iHeartRadio Music awards
Next Topic: The Sound of Traffic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 19:38:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout