Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 pi speakers + 3 pi subwoofers, pics & measurements (How to interpret the measurements?)
Re: 4 pi speakers + 3 pi subwoofers, pics & measurements [message #81376 is a reply to message #81374] Thu, 04 June 2015 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
vandevoordekoen is currently offline  vandevoordekoen
Chancellor
Hello,

I can't say the speakers sound like there is no tweeter at all. Neither can I say that the HF are "sparkling", but maybe that's not necessary.

To test the measurement system, I measured the HF signal 3 times: with and without USB audio card + using 2 different mics (ECM8000 and TASCAM DR-1 (TASCAM is not great but no garbage either)). The following overlap gives an idea:

index.php?t=getfile&id=1734&private=0

Red line = TASCAM mic directly connected with laptop (mic-in)
Green line = TASCAM mic connected to the USB audio card (M-audio Fast Track)
Blue line = EMC8000 mic connected to the USB audio card (M-audio Fast Track) WITHOUT .cal-file

Red and Green line are approximately the same. The Fast track isn't the weak link. Confused
The ECM8000 measurement without .cal file gives approximately the same result. So the .cal file is corrupted IMHO.

Just to give an idea, these are the same measurements, WITH .cal file applied for the ECM8000 mic

index.php?t=getfile&id=1735&private=0

Looking at the first overlap, I see a 5db to 10db roll-off. But this might be normal? Aaaargh, it's driving me a little crazy, honestly. Shocked

Would it be the amp?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message