Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Starting New Build, a Few Questions...
Starting New Build, a Few Questions... [message #81235] Thu, 23 April 2015 20:45 Go to next message
Jeff V. is currently offline  Jeff V.
Chancellor
I just received my 4pi parts and have a few questions.
Since I'm not using the standard cabinet I'm trying to figure out the displacement of the H290C.
I also picked up the 4pi crossovers. I haven't soldered boards like these, having only worked on through hole boards. Do I lay the components leads on top of the traces and solder away? Thanks!

Here's a pic of my Barzilay 4pi's. They will be a mirrored stereo pair.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1690&private=0
Re: Starting New Build, a Few Questions... [message #81236 is a reply to message #81235] Fri, 24 April 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The volume displaced by the H290C when mounted in the cabinet is approximately 65 cubic inches.

The crossover has no plate-through holes because I wanted one side to be perfectly flat so it could sit on a gasket and mount directly to the cabinet. Mount the components on the solder side and fasten the coils with a silicon adhesive. It acts as both a mount and a cushion for them. Mount the capacitors and resistors so that they sit a little bit above the board, supported by their leads.

Re: Starting New Build, a Few Questions... [message #81237 is a reply to message #81236] Fri, 24 April 2015 20:15 Go to previous message
Jeff V. is currently offline  Jeff V.
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne!
Previous Topic: 4pi Cabinet Port Tuning
Next Topic: B&C DE250
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 04:31:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio