Home » Audio » General » Does color matter to you?
Does color matter to you? [message #79463] Sat, 15 February 2014 21:42 Go to next message
Headphones is currently offline  Headphones
Chancellor
When you are buying equipment for your home, does the color of the equipment matter? For me, I try to get all neutral colors, mostly black.
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #79469 is a reply to message #79463] Sun, 16 February 2014 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I prefer wood grain over metal, but generally I want the performance and the color is second. Besides I design and build most of my stuff and have become pretty handy with spray paint. I recall a project about 18 months ago that I went through 4 colors and at least a dozen coats of paint before finding one I liked. (I did remove the discarded colors before repainting).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #79884 is a reply to message #79463] Mon, 28 April 2014 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Na, that's a woman's thing. Quality, performance and high reliability is what I look for in equipment especially for the amount of money I have invested in equipment. I have brushed aluminum, coated aluminum, and black, just as long as it's not hot pink it doesn't matter to me.
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #79886 is a reply to message #79463] Tue, 29 April 2014 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I like neutral colors and most of the equipment I have is black. It fits in with most color schemes in the house. I can't imagine anyone wanting hot pink equipment.
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #79889 is a reply to message #79463] Tue, 29 April 2014 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I can imagine a lot of women wanting hot pink equipment. I would not want it. Hey I have to have the same color appliances. I'm not really worried about the color of my audio equipment.

Let's chat!
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #79940 is a reply to message #79889] Thu, 08 May 2014 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nope. I still have a set of 2 Pi Towers that have never been painted or veneered. Just the raw mdf. Heck the screws I used to line the front panel up are still in them.
Re: Does color matter to you? [message #80021 is a reply to message #79463] Sat, 31 May 2014 10:52 Go to previous message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
I usually buy black or wood grain that goes with most of our house decor. I think it depends on what it is as well. My sound system is black but I have speakers in the living room that are a natural wood grain.
Previous Topic: "Are Audiophiles Wasting Their Money?"
Next Topic: Microsoft mp3 players
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:29:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout