Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker stuffing (4PI)
Re: Speaker stuffing [message #79351 is a reply to message #79276] Fri, 07 February 2014 22:25 Go to previous message
grindstone is currently offline  grindstone
Baron
I'll baldly say that bracing is always good if you've offset for it. Bracing is Really-Good.

I "get" your question and I admire your inquisitiveness. You're right -- there's a bit more "there" to be had -- it's just that people are silent because only You can decide. The down-side is that it actually sorts to a bunch of work. Personally, I found my way, I'm completely happy, and I have _ZERO_ doubts that I left anything on the table.

Keep-going, and keep-pushing. And please, please share your results (and reasons).

Many of us have done the same. We just don't hear things the same and we allow for the same (which is why your thread might seem like "crickets" to you).

Good-hunting and please share what you might choose-to. It's okay to report how anything comes-off to you--Wayne has created this amazing environment where data might be simply exchanged...as data.

Thanks for that, btw, Wayne!

Really, this stuff becomes about what you want and how much you're willing to put into it.

Okay, I'll step-up. Knowing mostly _zero_ about your rig or preferences or gear or challenges, here's one experiment for consideration.

Listen for a week to...whatever you have as it is -- limit it to say 5 releases that you know well. Do that. Heavy-rotation.

Now, for a new week, stick a cross-batt of the thick-stuff atop the braces and repeat.

If you've already done that, please forgive my challenge and my comprehension--I don't have much time at all for "boards" these years.

This is not a test, and I ask for Nothing regarding reports -- I'm only here to incite, to invoke, to "egg-on".

Follow your ears.

Always.

Just (_always_) keep two pieces of gear. Do not "advance" until you can beat your last piece.

You will be able to measure at any time. The dream would be to always keep all pieces of all gear. It's just, well, there's only been about a 15 year span in my life when i could keep Everything and measure Everything.

Well, it's not a good system (let-alone a Perfect System), but it's the system i could afford at the time.

Please share experiences.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 3Pi Speaker plans request
Next Topic: H290C and JBL LE14H-3
Goto Forum: