Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » New TV for the Superbowl
New TV for the Superbowl [message #79154] Wed, 29 January 2014 16:22 Go to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
This is something that I have just never understood, but we have two or three friends who are buying a new TV so that they can have a Super Bowl party. That just seems ridiculous to me...TV's are a major purchase!
Re: New TV for the Superbowl [message #79163 is a reply to message #79154] Thu, 30 January 2014 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
A TV is a major purchase and I can't justify buying a new one until the old one absolutely doesn't work anymore. Some people just get way into the Super Bowl stuff. We rarely even watch the Super Bowl!
Re: New TV for the Superbowl [message #79171 is a reply to message #79154] Thu, 30 January 2014 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
You're right, it is a major purchase, not a disposable item. That said, I've got a thunder bug stuck inside mine, and now that I know it's there I just cannot not see it when I'm watching. I've either got to pay for it to be stripped down and cleaned out, or buy a new one. It's five years old, so the temptation is huge!
Re: New TV for the Superbowl [message #79217 is a reply to message #79171] Sat, 01 February 2014 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, If it is a flat screen they come apart rather easy. If you screw it up then you have the excuse for the new one Very Happy

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: New TV for the Superbowl [message #79328 is a reply to message #79154] Thu, 06 February 2014 14:24 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I guess if you're looking for an excuse to buy a new TV, the Super Bowl is as good of an excuse as any! I wouldn't do it though. We're just too strapped for cash right now!
Previous Topic: Online TV
Next Topic: True Detective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 05:20:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout