Home » Audio » General » Reviews Versus Personal Taste
Re: Reviews Versus Personal Taste [message #77695 is a reply to message #77669] Sun, 01 September 2013 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I see a few buried messages in this thread so far. First if something is really played up....it probably is hype. If it is reviewed in a more subdued manner it might be marginal, but then again it could well be quite good. Another message is trust your ears. Even good equipment might not be to your tastes. Get stuff you like to hear, not just stuff that is reviewed well.

The issue reminds me of a personal experience about 2 years ago. As most of you are aware I am the designer and co-owner of Oddwatt Audio. We considered submitting some equipment to a leading hi-fi magazine for their evaluation. They didn't want any until either we had 5 or more dealers or would advertise in their publication. Shocked We figured we were doing well enough not to need anything from them. Cool Being small has some advantages. No board of directors telling us what to produce. No personal and payroll sections. Can make products we like and deal with special requests with minimal fuss.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Volume Sneaking Up on You
Next Topic: Does Deafness Run in Your Family?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 02:30:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio