Home » Audio » Movies & Music » How Much Control
How Much Control [message #77599] Sat, 24 August 2013 13:41 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you're a producer working on a project, how much control should you let the songwriter have? I understand about getting their point of view so the project can possibly be made better, but where should you draw the line?
Re: How Much Control [message #77602 is a reply to message #77599] Sat, 24 August 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
That's a hard question, I imagine, unless the producer has tons and tons of confidence. I know that a producer can make all the difference in whether or not a song will sell. In a practical sense, I'd lean toward whoever has the most experience. A new songwriter (or performer) would probably need to let a producer's opinion weigh more, but an established writer might know better what has worked with his music before.
Just an opinion, of course.
Re: How Much Control [message #77649 is a reply to message #77599] Thu, 29 August 2013 09:39 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with Rusty. It's a balancing act that depends greatly on the two people involved. Ultimately, however, I think final decisions rest with the artist.
Previous Topic: Should Music Be Free?
Next Topic: Jon Stewart is Back!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 12:27:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout