Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music and Moods
Music and Moods [message #76363] Thu, 18 April 2013 12:51 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When you get depressed, do you find that sad songs help pull you out of it, or keep you there? When I get in "a mood", I need music that gives off the opposite vibe.
Re: Music and Moods [message #76370 is a reply to message #76363] Thu, 18 April 2013 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
When I'm depressed, sad music is the LAST thing I need. Like you, I need to listen to upbeat music to pull me up and out of the slump. I don't need any of that "tear in my beer" mess when I'm already having a bad day!!
Re: Music and Moods [message #76527 is a reply to message #76370] Fri, 26 April 2013 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
iLoveiPod wrote on Thu, 18 April 2013 19:24
I don't need any of that "tear in my beer" mess when I'm already having a bad day!!

Laughing

Well put. I know Elton John had that song "Sad Songs", so I know a lot of people feel that way. I know there's a certain "comfort in numbers" where people need to be around others who feel the same way, but yeah, some hard rock will pull me out every time.
Re: Music and Moods [message #76544 is a reply to message #76363] Mon, 29 April 2013 08:29 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm with you. Some music with a good beat and cheery tone is the way to go when I'm depressed. I almost never enjoy sad music; it's hard enough to keep myself on an even keel.
Previous Topic: Woody Guthrie Center
Next Topic: The Legend of Baggar Vance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 06:51:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout