Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New woofer upgrade options
Re: New woofer upgrade options [message #76041 is a reply to message #76039] Wed, 27 March 2013 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
horndawg is currently offline  horndawg
Esquire

Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 27 March 2013 17:37
One thing I always like to do with my high-end stuff past simple measurements is a long-term listening evaluation. I really like to live with a speaker for a few months, and to find time to listen to it non-stop for several days. That's a real good litmus test for me: Listen to a speaker for a long time and see how much listener fatigue I feel.

I will agree with you on this, 100 percent. I have come to realize for some time now, that if a new speaker (or any component for that matter) grabs my attention because of something that on first impression it seems to do very well, this same attribute more often than not, will prove tiring and a liability in the long term.

That's why I always do what you just described and listen over the long haul in order to truly get a handle on the speaker's sound. For me that's the only way to go about it and be confident in my assessments and that's also the reason I don't give much basis to peoples' enthusiastic reviews of components with only a week's worth of listening.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Diaphragm Breakup Modes
Next Topic: 3pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:39:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations