Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Live vs Studio Recording
Live vs Studio Recording [message #74871] Wed, 12 December 2012 12:28 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
When you're buying CDs or downloading songs - whichever it is you do - do you prefer to buy the live version of the songs or the studio recording?
Re: Live vs Studio Recording [message #74875 is a reply to message #74871] Wed, 12 December 2012 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aki is currently offline  Aki
Baron
I'd say I go for both. Sometimes I go see a show then purchase their CD only to find that the studio version completely lacks the energy and drive I heard live. So I always try to give an artist's live recordings a listen.

Now, a lot of 'live' albums are overdubbed in studio, but some of them do capture that live groove.
Re: Live vs Studio Recording [message #74899 is a reply to message #74871] Thu, 13 December 2012 09:04 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It depends. I often go for studio recordings, actually, but there are some songs that I definitely prefer live, such as "Do You Feel Like We Do" and "Travelling Man/Beautiful Loser".
Previous Topic: The Deer Hunter?
Next Topic: Anyone watching the 12-12-12 Sandy concert?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 12:24:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio